Tuesday 18 September 2012

Wippitty WIP: NUNOs

The Beloved thinks I'm blanket-obsessed. To be honest, I don't have a problem with this. As I see it, my biggest problem is having them hanging around half-made and as my mother would put it, 'Neither Use Nor Ornament'. A quick glance around the room tells me I have three such NUNOs. Oh dear! Maybe if I tell you about them, it will shame me into working on them a bit more.  Want to see them?

Well, there's the mutant blanket. I've already told you about this one, but it's not grown since my last post about it...


This yarn-eater has been on the go for a while (and on the shelf for even longer).


It's quite a heavy blanket already and being yarn-hungry, it's also time-hungry. It does have a gorgeous scrunchy feel to it, especially the flip side of it...


And despite already having two time- and yarn-hungry projects on the go, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a ripple blanket. I have no excuse. My only defence is that everyone else is making them and I was feeling a bit left out.


Goodness only knows how long that's going to take to finish. You can't really see it in the picture, but it's really quite wide.


As I get fours rows out of each ball, it's also pretty yarn-hungry.

I'm pretty sure that's all the blankets I have on the go. Needless to say, there are one or two other bits hanging around - the one-eared bunny, for instance, and the half-made highland cow, and the baubles in need of bells...

Am I alone in this, or do you also have a stack of NUNOs peeping out from carrier bags, cupboards and crates?  Do share!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I am a friend from Twitter and so happy you shared this with me. I can relate a lot to your feelings here. I will never understand why I begin a project then take some time to work on it again. It's always a wonderful feeling when the items are completed though!

    All of your WIP is gorgeous so far, I can't wait to see these projects finished! Thanks for motivating me to get off my butt to work on the blanket I put down last night.

    Have a great Tuesday, can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete