Sunday 12 October 2014

The Calm After the Storm

Phew! It's been a busy month here at Hookery HQ but things are just starting to slow back down again. The day job has been gathering more than its usual momentum as we move into the Autumn Term and The Hookery itself set out on the road to Yarndale. I'll not bore you with the day job, but now that I have time to kick back with a cup of tea and a biscuit, let me tell you: Yarndale was fabulous.


I had a brief wobble about it just before we headed up. Would it be as well-attended as last year? What if last year's 'novelty factor' had worn off? Should I take the same stuff as last time? New products? How much handmade? How much yarn?


In a nutshell: I needn't have worried. It was bigger and better in every way and the organisers pulled off an absolute blinder! My little stall (and I do feel little in comparison to most sellers there) did a roaring trade. Customers I met last year came back to say hello again and I even caught up with a school friend who I haven't seen for about 14 years (hi Jen!). And of course, I met oodles of new customers too. 


Once again, it was brilliant to get out and meet people face-to-face, to see people's reactions to yarns and patterns and products, and to chat and swap tips and recommendations. 

After last year's show, I had a huge list of things to change and do differently this year. This year, there's really only one thing on the list: hire a bigger van!  I already can't wait for Yarndale 2015!

PS - Apologies for the poor photos, they were hastily snapped before the hoards descended...

2 comments: